Parallel Programming with C# and .NET Core
The primary objective of this book is to help readers understand the importance of asynchronous programming and various ways it can be achieved using .NET Core 3.1 and C# 8 to successfully build concurrent applications.
Learn, understand, and code parallel programs with confidence using C# 8 and .NET Core 3.0
● Explore and work with the new features and enhancements in .NET Core 3.1 and C# 8.
● Understand the fundamentals of parallel programming.
● Learn various threading patterns and synchronization constructs.
● Build concurrent applications using C# and .NET Core 3.1 from the ground up.
● Understand the principles of unit testing and debugging in concurrent applications.
Application development has evolved over the last decade, and with the advent of the latest technologies like Angular, React on client-side, and ASP.NET Core, Spring on the server-side, the consumer expectations have risen like never before.
The primary objective of this book is to help readers understand the importance of asynchronous programming and various ways it can be achieved using .NET Core 3.1 and C# 8 to successfully build concurrent applications. Along the way reader will learn the fundamentals of threading, asynchronous programming, various asynchronous patterns, synchronisation constructs, unit testing parallel methods, debugging enterprise applications, and cool tips and tricks.
There are samples based on practical examples that will help the reader effectively use parallel programming. By the end of this book, you will be equipped with all the knowledge needed to understand, code, and debug multithreaded, concurrent and parallel programs with confidence.
What will you learn
● Understand the internals of async/await.
● Learn how to build applications using async/await.
● Write unit tests for asynchronous methods.
● Explore various debugging techniques for enterprise applications.
● Discover cool tips, tricks, and best practices to help you avoid common mistakes.
Who this book is for
Beginners and intermediate developers who build enterprise applications using .NET Core platform and tools. Advanced users can also use this book for brushing up fundamentals and for learning debugging tools, techniques, tips, and tricks.
Table of Contents
1. Getting Started
2. What’s new in C# 8?
3. .NET Core 3.1
4. Demystifying Threading
5. Parallel Programming
6. The Threading Patterns
7. Synchronization Constructs
8. Unit Testing Parallel and Asynchronous Programs
9. Debugging and Troubleshooting ( Its spelling is incorrect in pdf)
10. Tips and Tricks